I’m not too sure how aims and objectives differ. I’m reading it now that aims are more long-term and aspirational, while objectives are more immediate, quantifiable and nuts-and-bolts. Have I got that right? If so, here’s a first shot at what five key aims and objectives might include. I realise now that this is still quite a personal perspective, and look forward to seeing how others approach the question. It’s a long way from being complete or perfect -but I hope it’s useful as a starting point.
· To celebrate the cultures of shepherding and upland farming communities across Europe
· To draw communities together through shared activities, and develop new understandings
· To strengthen ties between farming families, artists and performers
· To help generate new confidence in marginalized languages and cultures
· To create sustainable partnerships and collaborations that will last for decades.
· To support shared residencies in 2021, that will enable a farmer and a performer from each country involved to experience life and work in another, and make friends and contacts there
· To arrange a festival in each partner country in 2022 which will blend the arts and agriculture, that will have an international dimension, and will be shared with other participating cultures
· To arrange a travelling showcase and celebration in 2023 that will cross Europe and further entrench the links we are helping to create
· To stimulate a range of exhibitions, events and participatory activities throughout the life of the project (2021 – 23) that will raise awareness and encourage involvement
· To share the project’s activities in small communities and agricultural settings as well as galleries and arts spaces.